SC Falcons Head of Performance
SC Falcons Head of Performance
Hostplus Cup Strength & Conditioner & Program Lead
The Sunshine Coast Falcons are a semi-professional Rugby League Club based at Sunshine Coast Stadium on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast. We compete in the Hostplus Cup open men’s, BMD open women’s, U17, U19 male and female Queensland Rugby League Major Competitions. The Falcons are affiliated with the NRL team, the Melbourne Storm.
The SC Falcons are committed to providing opportunities and pathways for our players and staff, engaging with our community, connecting our members and sponsors and growing grassroots participation.
About the position
The SC Falcons are currently seeking an experienced Strength & Conditioning Coach to lead their High Performance (HP) Department. Reporting to the Club’s CEO and Head Coach and working in conjunction with the Club’s Physiotherapists and Medical Staff. The role will contribute to the development and implementation of the club’s athletic development program to advance the physical performance of the Hostplus Cup team and will also support and supervise all other Falcons grades performance teams.
This role will suit a candidate with a minimum of 2-5 years’ industry experience working in HP sporting environments such as, but not limited to, QLD Cup, NSW Cup, NRL, NRLW or similar sporting competitions.
The nature of this role requires weekend work and evening work with a significant afternoon and evening element during the QRL preseason and regular season. It is expected that this role will attend all home and away QRL games and finals.
Personal Development Opportunities
The SC Falcons will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity, or opportunities, to attend the Melbourne Storm NRL Club’s High Performance department and Melbourne Storm training sessions at AAMI Park Melbourne. Flights and Accommodation will be paid for by the SC Falcons.
To help be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- Experience as an effective leader and contributor to an experienced team in a professional or semi-professional sporting environment.
- Excellent communication skills with a background working as part of successful high-performance teams.
- A high level of technical knowledge and coaching experience in strength, power, rehabilitation, speed and conditioning program design and implementation.
- Success in developing, executing, and evaluating a program that would align the increasing physical requirements of the Hostplus Cup with the needs and vision of the Head Coach.
- The ability to develop a HP sports culture founded on the Club’s values and aligned with the Club’s vision and mission.
- Commitment to the pursuit of Industry excellence achieved through high personal and professional standards.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, smartabase, teambuildr.
- Tertiary qualifications in sport science or exercise science – desirable but not essential.
- Minimum Level 2 ASCA Strength & Conditioning accreditation.
- National Rugby League Sports Trainer accreditation (min Level 2 – desirable but not essential)
- Working with Children Check
- Possession of a current Blue Card
- Valid driver’s license and First Aid Certificate.
Commencement Date: November 2023.
Applications must include a current CV, accompanied by a Cover Letter, clearly stating the position applied for and highlighting relevant experience for the role. Please send applications to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm Friday 20th October with interviews to be conducted week starting Monday 23rd October.